Hidden Rules of the ACT Prep Workshop
Date: October 21, 2017
Time: 8:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Location: Roane State Community College, Harriman Campus
Materials include the Hidden Rules to the ACT workbook, review flashcards, and instructions
for daily two to five minute reviews to ensure your success on the big day.
Why should you enroll your student?
SailAway Learning, in partnership with Roane State Community College, created The Hidden Rules of the ACT Prep Workshop to help your student get the extra game-changing points so he or she can avoid remedial classes or make the cut at a competitive school. Even a few extra sub-test points can build a super super-score for a super scholarship!
That’s what 6 out of 10 students who took this half-day workshop have achieved…one to two extra composite points…and up to six points on sub-tests. That’s because The Hidden Rules of the ACT focuses on a just few specific hidden rules to higher ACT scores. Easy-to-learn information about how to take the ACT that they can learn and master in the week before the test. Really!
The Hidden Rules of the ACT will teach your student 3 or 4 easy question types that appear on almost every test…questions that earn points…questions that sometimes even the best students miss. They’ll also learn specific personal strategies to practice the week before the test to prepare them emotionally and mentally so when they open your test booklet, they’re ready and better prepared to tackle each question.
Benefits of ACT Prep Workshop
- Not like any other ACT prep workshop. Not in conflict with other workshops….or your ACT Prep budget!
- Minimal time commitment. Only 4 hours one Saturday morning!
- Focused objective: one to two point improvement based on most frequently missed easy problems
- Don’t lose the easy points!
- Be secure in what you know.
- Limited scope with maximum impact
- Different twist to ACT approach
- 4 different presenters: each strong in their disciplines; different personalities; different styles
- Take-aways: hands-on, simple to review
- Strategies to use the week before the test
- Lively question and answer sessions
How did this partnership get started?
SailAway Learning & Academy was approached by Roane State Community College’s Dean of Students with a proposal: to develop a special workshop aimed at helping Harriman High school students become ACT and college-ready. While RSCC proposed a more traditional ACT Prep approach to the program–working through ACT problems and practice books–SailAway wanted to do something different. Thus, The Hidden Rules of the ACT was born. Through this workshop, you will learn how to get the extra game-changing point or two so you avoid remedial classes or make the cut at a competitive school. Even a few extra subtest points can build a super super-score for a super scholarship!