It is the mission of SailAway Learning & Academy to ignite academic and social achievement in every student by understanding how each one is unique. SailAway strives to become the most trusted, and sought-after trainer in the fields of literacy, critical thinking, and tutorial services in both traditional and non-traditional learning environments.
Want to be a part of making meaningful impacts in student lives? Openings at SailAway Learning & Academy are posted here.
Lead SailAway MicroSchool Teacher
|Job Title: Lead SailAway MicroSchool Teacher
Supervisor: Director of SailAway MicroSchool
Class Hours: 9am-3:30pm
School Hours: 8-4pm
School Year: August 21 – May 24
Description: Your job in the company is to educate the scholars at SailAway’s MicroSchool. As a student-centered school, you will customize the learning experience for each child in a small classroom setting utilizing your personal creativity, knowledge of research-based instructional methods that work, and SailAway philosophy which includes openness to adapting to changing conditions of education, technology and the workforce.
Your job also involves collaborating with other staff members for a variety of purposes, including:
- Pioneering our replicable MicroSchool Model
- Representing SailAway at educational and community-based functions
You are part of creating a company that ignites excitement about learning and life for all students, and compassionately and diligently creates the learning environment and educational plan to guide each Scholar firmly, but gently, to new heights of academic and personal success.
Areas of Responsibility: You will be responsible for teaching 5-10 middle- and high school- students in a variety of subjects. MicroSchool Scholars may be gifted or challenged, battle attention or memory problems, live in the midst of a difficult personal situation, like the death of a parent or their own life-altering illness, or just need a major academic jump-start to get back on track. Ultimately, your goal is to actively instruct, guiding Scholars in teaching and learning activities, not relegating them to workbook-type activities or canned curricula.
- Oversee and execute day-to-day instruction of Microschool scholars
- Participate in curriculum development and execute it.
- Develop appropriate grading and assessment for scholars and reporting procedures to parents; prepare for and conduct periodic parent conferences;
- Execute & adjust school policies; help establish behavior policies and standards of conduct.
- Work with outside subject matter experts in core subjects and 21st Century skills.
- Participate in and/or assist with other aspects of the school’s operation, including (but not limited to) facilities maintenance and operation, summer programs, materials and methods creation, development and fundraising.
- Be competent to teach core and elective subjects.
- Assist with recruitment of students, including applicant screening and acceptance.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree, a plus
- Classroom teaching experience beneficial, not required
- Teaching certification, preferred, not required
- Heart for struggling students, required
SailAway is accepting applications for tutors in all subjects and all grades, with a special preference for higher Mathematics or science.
If interested, please email your resume and summary of experience to Bethany Wood at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Want to Be a Part of Our Team?
Interested in joining the SailAway family as a MicroSchool Teacher? Apply today.