It is the mission of SailAway Learning & Academy to ignite academic and social achievement in every student by understanding how each one is unique. SailAway strives to become the most trusted, and sought-after trainer in the fields of literacy, critical thinking, and tutorial services in both traditional and non-traditional learning environments.
Want to be a part of making meaningful impacts in student lives? Openings at SailAway Learning & Academy are posted here.
Substitute Microschool Teacher
Job Title: Substitute SailAway MicroSchool Teacher
Supervisor: Director of SailAway MicroSchool
Class Hours: 8:30am-3:00pm
School Hours: 8:30-4pm
School Year: September 1 – May 28
Description: Your job in the company is to educate the scholars at SailAway Microschool. As a student-centered school, you will assist the lead teacher by helping to customize the learning experience for each child in a small classroom setting using your personal creativity, knowledge of research-based instructional methods that work, and SailAway philosophy which includes openness to adapting to changing conditions of education, technology and the workforce.
You are part of a company that ignites excitement about learning and life for all students, and compassionately and diligently creates the learning environment and educational plan to guide each Scholar firmly, but gently, to new heights of academic and personal success.
Areas of Responsibility: When called upon, you will be responsible for teaching 5-10 middle- and high school- students in a variety of subjects. Microschool Scholars may be gifted or challenged, battle attention or memory problems, live in the midst of a difficult personal situation, like the death of a parent or their own life-altering illness, or just need a major academic jump-start to get back on track. Ultimately, your goal is to actively instruct, guiding Scholars in teaching and learning activities, not relegating them to workbook-type activities or canned curricula.
- Fill in for the lead instructor on day-to-day instruction of Microschool scholars
- Execute school policies; help establish behavior policies and standards of conduct.
- Work with outside subject matter experts in core subjects and 21st Century skills.
- Be competent to teach all core and elective subjects.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Classroom teaching experience beneficial, not required
- Proficient computer skills and knowledge, required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suites or Apple iWork Suites, required
- Teaching certification, preferred, not required
- Heart for students who fall through the cracks, required
To Apply: Send resume and cover letter to Bethany Martin, Director of Operations, at email@example.com
SailAway is accepting applications for tutors in all subjects and all grades, with a special preference for higher Mathematics or science.
If interested, please email your resume and summary of experience to Bethany Martin at firstname.lastname@example.org.